Kevin Maguire writes The New Fatherhood a weekly newsletter dedicated to “Helping dads be better dads.”
Kevin is also a former Google employee and the founder of QuickHatch where he uses Design Sprint thinking to help bold companies solve complex problems in record time.
In this episode we discuss:
- The three phases of scarcity that we experience throughout our lives
- What’s missing from the existing advice for dads that prompted Kevin to start The New Fatherhood
- Writing a book one week at a time
- Putting the “dominoes” in the right order for your business to grow and succeed
- Struggling with screen time as a parent
- The training we get for becoming dads. What advice do new dads need to hear?
- Fatherhood lessons from Bandit the Dog and setting the bar higher for dads
- That hardest thing for me about being a parent
- Why did Kevin leave Google, one of the best companies in the world to work for?
- Moving away from San Francisco and the USA to optimize for family life
- Advantages of living in Barcelona and attitudes towards children in Spain
- There’s more to life than “What’s your name, what do you do?”
- The power of vulnerability, especially for men
- Should we encourage kids to play video games?
- How to approach choosing where to live with a family
- The New Fatherhood on Substack
- The New Fatherhood on Instagram
- Selected issues from the New Fatherhood:
- How to choose where to live
- You are not your job
- Brene Brown on the Power of Vulnerability
- David Brooks’ book, The Second Mountain
Listen and Subscribe on: